Saturday, March 14, 2009

Basketball, cat fud, and a new crop of plastic

Today was the girls' last basketball game of the season. Those of you who know us could have figured this out because we took pictures. You know how some parents are really into their kids sports, and video them and yell during the game? We aren't those people.


Getting ready to shoot.


Faster than a camera! (a camera without a flash)


The boy was really well behaved... right up until the point he wasn't. Luckily that was outside while we were getting the team snacks ready. (Note to self - if you are in a kids league with 8 games, and 12 kids on the team...that mean four parents won't have to bring snacks. So be late to the first practice when the sign up sheet is passed around)

Anyway, after the game I went to the Home Despot. $26 for plastic. I know, I know, you thought I figured out a way to grow plastic in my garden but, alas, all I'm really good at growing is weeds (particularly the common mallow... which, btw, is why I know God exists. Because if God didn't exist Satan wouldn't exist, and only Satan could have twisted Gods original creation into this nightmare of a weed. It's like the embodiment of evil in the plant world). This year I'm attempting to keep the weeds out using plastic.

While I was there I got a new 5 gallon bucket with lid. We had a cool 5 gallon bucket with a screw on lid for the cat food, but it was destroyed by raccoons. And ultraviolet light, but the raccoons did most of the damage. Anyhoo, mama bear discovered the replacement cost was $30.... hence the cats new food bucket.






Edit: Well, I always think that explaining the joke makes it not funny, but since my sense of humor is apparently too highbrow ...


No comments:

Post a Comment