Sunday, March 1, 2009

the bane of my existence

or at least one of them. The "common mallow".

Ughh... it grows like a, uh, weed. Particularly in the garden. So for the last several weeks I've been watching my crop of weeds grow and thinking to myself "Gee, maybe I should weed that, and maybe put the canoe back behind the shed, oh, and dump the water out of the wheelbarrow too". The canoe is there because I was doing work behind the shed.

Oh, alright, it was there because I was going for the trailer trash look.

Anyway, here is the before picture:



And the after:
My poor aching back.

Yes, I know there are a ton of small weeds left, but they easy get taken care of by the rototiller. And I will mow the lawn as soon as the grass dries out a bit.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think it looks trailer trashish.
    I think it looks normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are the lemons? Baba Brush

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a box like that for a school project back when I was in 5th grade in Thaddeus Stevens, but it wasn't as well constructed as yours. But I had rabbit ears that were high tech. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lemons would be in this blog post http://fatsuburbanitedad.blogspot.com/2009/03/suburban-gothic.html

    ReplyDelete