Sunday, March 17, 2013

Happy St. Patricks Day

In addition to being the 1 year anniversary of getting Deacon (who thinks he is another kid in the house), today is St. Patty's day. The kids built their annual Leprechaun trap. By the materials they used, you know we aren't Mormon :). There was a rope swing both inside and out and gold foil in the bottom of the trap. There was also directions on the box on how to get the gold. Evidently, that clever little leprechaun named Rainier that visits us every year got away again! He even had the audacity to leave another note. He wrote: You tried again this year But you did not trap me...I fear It was a good trap you set You thought you had me...I bet I know it was your hope That I would slide down and Not be able to come back up the rope In the trap your cat put down his paw And I grabbed onto his claw He pulled me up out of the trap I admit, I am a lucky chap Your traps are always great But, being trapped wasn't my fate I will leave you a little treat before I go A little bit of my rainbow Better luck next year The Leprechaun named Rainier He is a cheeky little leprechaun. He even left his foot prints on the poem!


Here is a picture of one of the "bit of his rainbow" he left for the kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment