Thursday, May 23, 2013

Nature Walk

Some friends and I take a hike a couple of times a week through the foothills behind the kids school. It is very convenient, we drop our kids at school and are walking in the hills in less than 2 minutes. As an added bonus, I get Deacon walked and he is worn out for the day. Normally, we see a turkey, quail or sometimes a rattle snake, but this week we saw some bigger animals. There are also mountain lions in these hills, but I hope I don't run into one again. Hubby and I accidentally walked up to one at the end of a hike in the hills behind these. I don't know if you can see them in this picture, but there is a black colored sow and her piglets foraging. I saw three piglets. Once my friend and I were half way along the trail, we heard another boar snorting down at the creek. We walked a little faster after that.

Three deer grazing by the creek.

Deacon noticing the deer. He wanted to go and play with them. Since people tell us all the time he has deer legs, he might have fit right in.

This Tom turkey had just been on the trail calling for his hen. When Deacon and I walked by him, we inadvertently flushed out a covey of quail.

I love spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment