Sunday, May 19, 2013

Birthday Party

The girl turns 10 next week. I can't believe how time flies. To celebrate her birthday we told her she could invite 10 friends to her birthday party. She wanted to have it at a candle making store. She picked a rainbow theme for the party. I didn't take a picture of the favors, but they were all rainbow themed.

Darn you pintrest...before I found you life was so much simpler. I saw a post for Candy Bars on pintrest. I wanted to do a rainbow themed candy bar for the party.

To balance out the candy, I also did a rainbow fruit platter.

Group photo

While they were waiting for instructions on how to make a candle, the kids played telephone. I didn't realize they still played that game. I remember doing it at birthday parties when I was a kid. The plan originally was for the boy to be somewhere else during the party, but things come up and plans change. I have to say the girls were all very gracious and kind to the girl's little brother and made sure to include him in everything.

The three amigos

The kids making their individual candles. It was a fun process. The kids picked whatever colors and scent they wanted for the candle. They also got to add what they call "pips", which are wax colored shapes that would float on or in the candle. Once the kids had finished making the candles, they went to a wax station where either a clear or colored wax was poured on. The girls all chose glitter to add to the top of their candle. It was interesting to watch.

The boy's ocean themed candle with chocolate scent.

The girl's candle with very cherry scent

No comments:

Post a Comment