Saturday, April 30, 2011

Life's a Beach



The kids are on spring break and it was a beautiful and windy day. So, we went to their Grandfather's favorite place...the beach. Evidently, in addition to getting the wanderlust gene from their Grandfather (through their Father), they inherited the water gene. The water temperature was a balmy 54 degrees. After 5 minutes I wasn't able to feel my feet. Did the kids let a little thing like that slow them down? I think we all know the answer to that question. So that you know I am not a completely ineffective parent, I did make them get out of the water periodically to warm up.

The boy in his element. I don't know what it is about big holes and kids, but they love them. He was joined by two other boys. They took turns finding "trick ways" to jump into the pit. Needless to say, he was covered head to toe in sand and got a good scrubbing at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment