Saturday, April 2, 2011

April Fools!



Evidently, there is no fool like an old fool. I guess I am the old fool, as I tried to play tricks on the kids and they didn't fall for them!. In the morning I called them to breakfast and told them they got lemonade with their pancakes. I guess they were suspicious, as they don't get juice to drink (I know I am a mean Mom). I had made yellow jello the night before, poured it into glasses and stuck a straw in it. When they tried to drink the "lemonade" they wouldn't be able to suck it up easily. That was the idea anyway. They boy looks into the glass and said "Hey, that looks like jello in the glass." He then got a spoon and started eating it. The picture below is after he started eating the jello. At least they thought I was mildly amusing.

Their Auntie was nice enough to babysit them that night. I told her I would have dinner ready for them. Before we left I pulled out the "hamburgers" I had made. My Aunt looks at them and said "Aren't those a little small". The boy looked at them and said "Are these dessert hamburgers". Darn it, foiled again! They are in fact two vanilla wafers with a peppermint patty inside and vanilla frosting that was suppose to look like mayonnaise. I am glad I didn't go to the trouble of tinting coconut green for lettuce. On the up side, they liked the burger dessert.

Now a reasonable parent after two failed attempts might say to herself, "Well, I guess my April fools days are over". However, I think we all know that isn't my style. I say "I need to serious up my game for next year". I am starting the April fools planning process today! Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment