Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Career Day



I am behind on posts, so I will be updating a bunch right now. I follow the example of blogging set forth by the multitasking Mom at Providence. Post nothing for a long time and then inundate them :).

It was career day at school last week. The kids were suppose to come dressed as their chosen, future career. Here are the conversations with the kids on choosing a career:

Parent to the girl: "What do you want to be for career day?"
Girl: "A veterinarian pop star"
Parent: "Mmm, ok...I am not sure how you dress for that"
Girl: "Nevermind, I will be an engineer" Gee, I wonder where she got that from?

She wore regular clothes, glasses (which she couldn't see out of), a lanyard with her student id and a clipboard with equations on it that her Dad was only to happy to prepare.

Parent to the boy: "What do you want to be for career day?"
Boy: "Spiderman, of course".
Parent: "I think that job is already taken"
Boy: "Fine, then I will be Batman"
Parent: "That one is also taken"
Boy: With a look of exasperation only a 5 yr old can pull off. "Ok, if I can't be those I will be Wolverine"

He then decided to be a cowboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment