Friday, February 21, 2014

Let Them Eat Cake!

My Aunt recently had a birthday. She requested a home made chocolate cake with our family icing. The kids happily complied. The girl made the cake and she and the boy made the frosting. As far as I know, this particular frosting doesn't have a recipe with precise measurements, at least not one I've ever seen. My Grandma, Mom, Aunt, Sister and I ust combined the ingredients together until it tasted right. So that is how I had the kids make it. As they made it, I thought about how they are the fourth and quite possibly the fifth generation of my family to make this icing. I know its a small thing, but it makes me smile.

Even better, their Auntie proclaimed it delicious. I hope they make it for her many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment