Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things...

It has been very wet with near continuous rain for the past week. All of us, especially the dog haven't been outside for a long time. Fortunately, we had a break in the weather with a day where we saw the sun. So hubby and the girl headed off for a hike in the nearby foothills, while the boy and I took the dog for a walk. The boy and I were walking for a few minutes when he turns to me and we have the following conversation: Boy-"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Me-"Probably not." Boy-"If you were a kid you would be thinking it would be fun to walk in the puddles" Me-"Your right, go for it". We both were wearing rain boots. Boy-"This is a lot of fun, you sure you don't want to do it?" Me-"I shouldn't, the dog would follow me in." Boy"Kids have a lot more fun than grown ups do." How true!
Meanwhile... When the girl and hubby had hiked to the top of the foothill and were looking down the valley they have the following conversation: Dad-"Wow, it sure looks pretty nice down there." the girl-"If you were a fancier person you would say it looks picturesque."
Here's to picturesque puddles!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this post! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from your cousins in Amsterdam!

    ReplyDelete