Sunday, July 29, 2012

Week In Review

By now anyone who has read this blog is well aware of my sporadic blogging abilities. So, I will once again inundate you with pictures and a little bit of an explanation to go with them.
Monday, the big event of the day was the girl's swim team try outs. She had to swim freestyle two lengths of the pool, backstroke one length and breast stroke one length with no breaks. She did it and qualified for the fall swim team. Unfortunately, she is on a wait list. The coach told us that there had never been a wait list in July before. She thinks there are so many kids trying out for swim teams because of the Olympics. We will keep our fingers crossed.


Tuesday, was one of the funnest days the kids and I have had in a long time. My Aunt C, Uncle A, their kids and grandkids had rented a beach house and invited us to join them. Since my cousin A and his family live in Washington and his sister E and her family don't live nearby it was great to hang out with them.
Heading out in the surf.


Luckily, all of my cousins and their kids are half fish, so there were lots of adults and kids riding waves with some of us wading in the waves to watch. I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of all of the grown up boys and little boys when they rode onto shore at the same time.


Uncle A and the boy having a serious conversation.


A new way for the boy and L to warm up after boarding for hours.


The kids dragged their parents on almost every ride at the boardwalk. The boy is above the 52 inch mark, so he is able to ride almost every ride. Including my favorite wooden roller coaster. He and his cousin L, who is older by a month were the only two kids to want to ride it. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of their faces. According to them "It was awesome". Those little daredevils.



Most of the family waiting in line for the carousel.


The girl trying to throw the brass ring in the clown's mouth.


Cousin A riding a pretty horse.


Wednesday, we spent the day at the water park with the girl's friend K. Those kids love water slides.


The kids Thursday morning getting in a little reading. Obviously, they are in the girl's room.


On Thursday, my friend and I traded babysitting duties. I watched her daughter K for several hours and she watched my kids later on. Since it was a nice day, we went to the park.



At the end of the week, The Godfather (of the boy, who insists he be referred to that way) was brave enough to bring his girlfriend around us...finally. We went out to dinner and had so much fun that we invited them over for dinner the next night. We take it as a good sign that she didn't "run for the hills" after the first get together. She is a keeper! The kids love her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading this!! What a fun summer you are having! Girl -- AWESOME on the swim tryouts. That is really impressive. - Aunt Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Heidi!
    We have our fingers crossed for the girl's swim team. Keep us posted.
    Boy, you are getting very tall! I think we'll need a much larger horse than baby JoJo for you to ride!
    No offense to the Godfather, but I thought he was FSD when I first saw him.

    ReplyDelete