Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Beginning of Summer

The girl and her friends saying "goodbye". Since they have camp together next week and a sleep over after that, it isn't a long goodbye.


Since it is now the official beginning of summer for us, we decided the best way to celebrate it was at the beach. Because of the way I took the picture, you can't see them, but this is the boy, the girl and her friend S playing in the surf.


Since he will be 7 this summer, the boy informed me he was old enough to go boogie boarding. So, with equal amounts of pride that my little one was going off to do things he wouldn't have done last year and wistfulness because he was going off to do things he wouldn't have done a year ago and is no longer a little boy, I watched him wade out to find a wave to ride.


Riding the wave into shore. He loved it and continued to board until it was time to go home. I guess I now know what to get him for his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment