Friday, January 22, 2010

Whoo's That?



So, I was looking out the bedroom window as I was putting away the laundry. I see a pretty bird on the back fence. I ran and took a picture of it. Unfortunately, the camera is set to low resolution for blog pics. That'll learn me! At first I thought it was a falcon. There are several peregrines nesting in the city. Any guesses as to what this is? Drum roll please...

It is a Northern Pygmy Owl. I am including a picture of one from the website where I found out what it is. It is very tiny, under 7 inches. I actually went out side and got closer to it. I was about to snap a clearer picture, when a big ol' crow started cawing and flew overhead. Mr. Owl took off so fast, I could't get the shot. Who needs country living when there is a wildlife preserve in the old suburbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment