Thursday, May 28, 2009

the ocean and the mountain

So I'm finally back to the blog. I guess life in general is not as interesting to write about as bathroom remodeling, but I'll give it a try nonetheless.

Last weekend we went up to them thar hills for a little camping. And to a kid what is camping but getting your ride a bike in a different place?



We went for a walk through the woods and over a log.



They even went horseback riding. I only got video of the boy though. Now she wants to be a cowgirl and he wants to be a cowboy.



Cute picture of a rock.



The boy waking up (the best part of this trip was the kids slept in to about 8 each morning. Er, I mean the best part was spending quality time. Second best was the kids sleeping in)



And what camping trip is complete without a sticky mess of burnt marshmallow? Although I have to give the girl some credit here - she read in a cookbook (I know, what 5 year old reads a cookbook - even though she is six now) how to make banana smores (you'll never guess - add a slice of banana). I like them better than the normal version.



And to think, the day before we left here is where the kids were.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are back. I loved the way the boy completly ignored you. lol pricless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to see the boy kept both hands on the steering wheel at all times. -Dan-

    ReplyDelete